When you bring a new Vizio TV to your home, you take care of it like a newborn baby because it is so precious and expensive for you.
You handle it carefully, try to press every button of your TV gently, and clean your TV regularly to avoid dust.
But many people are unaware of the cleaning part, and they don’t know how to clean the Vizio TV screen properly; sometimes, they use the wrong products to clean the fingerprints or any dust particles on the TV screen, which can damage the TV screen internally.
Now you might be wondering what to clean a Vizio TV screen with or How to clean a Vizio TV Screen?
How to clean Vizio TV screen?
To clean Vizio TV screen, you can use any electronic cleaner or an LCD screen cleaning solution and do not spray the solution directly on the screen, take a soft cloth (microfiber) and put some solution on the cloth and if you want, you can also add some distilled water on it and clean the screen in a circular motion to avoid scratches.
Why should you clean your Vizio TV screen?
Here are some reasons why you should clean your Vizio TV screen.
1. Sometimes, when we purchase any product, we keep it aside like anything, and after some time, it starts getting dusty, and because of dust, your new electronic product starts getting overheated frequently.
So to avoid overheating, you should clean your Vizio TV screen regularly, or you can do it alternatively.
2. When you plug any wire on the TV, press any button on your TV, or shift your TV from one place to another, your TV screen gets some fingerprints and dust particles on it which certainly worsen the picture quality of your Vizio TV.
Therefore, you should clean your Vizio TV at least three days a week to avoid these issues.
3. When you don’t clean your TV, the dust starts getting collected inside or back of your Vizio TV, which can cause a severe problem to your newly bought TV; it can also damage the TV internally.
To keep your TV functioning properly, it is crucial to prevent dust from building up on the back.
So you should clean your TV internally; you can use a vacuum on the lower part of the TV where you see dust or grime, then clean it up with a soft microfiber cloth.
What’s a process for cleaning the Vizio TV screen?
Now, after knowing why you should clean your Vizio TV, the main question is how to clean a Vizio TV screen.
Many folks are confused, don’t know how to clean their TV screen, and don’t know which products they should use to clean their TV screen.
But, No worries…
Here, you will learn the exact steps of how to clean a Vizio TV screen, so let’s begin the procedure.
- First of all, disconnect your TV and let it be disconnected for 25-30 mins; after that, you can start your procedure.
- Now wear rubber slippers to avoid any type of leftover current in the TV, and take an oversized dry microfiber cloth; an oversized cloth will be easier to use on a large TV screen than a smaller cloth.
- Then dust your Vizio TV with that soft microfiber cloth back and forth. You can also use pre-moistened wipes, which are specially designed for electronics, and wipe all the small buttons at the side or bottom of the TV.
- After dry cleaning, your TV put some electronic cleaner solution on a soft microfiber cloth.
Note- Do not spray the solution directly on the screen.
If you want, add some distilled water to it and gently clean the screen in a particular motion (horizontally, vertically, or circular) to avoid any type of scratch.
- After it’s done, take a fresh soft microfiber cloth and use it again on the TV to dry it.
When your TV gets dry, then you can plug in your TV, but make sure that your TV is dry.
Avoid doing these things while cleaning your Vizio TV screen.
After knowing the whole procedure, some critical points must be noticed while cleaning your Vizio TV screen.
- Avoid using harsh products on your Vizio TV; using any products on your Vizio TV screen can damage your TV internally.
Such products are phenyl, bleaching powder, window or car cleaning products, baby wipes, etc.
These products contain a high amount of alcohol and harsh chemicals, which can deteriorate your TV in the long run.
- Use normal distilled water (not so cold, not so hot, and not so lukewarm) to clean your TV.
- Avoid spraying solution or water directly on your TV screens. Spray the solution on the microfiber cloth, then use it.
- Do not drench your microfibre cloth to clean the TV screen; you just need a damp cloth to clean it properly.
- While cleaning your TV screen, make sure you move your hands gently without pressing the screen. If you forcefully clean your TV screen, there are chances that your TV pixels may get damaged, and you will realize it when you open your TV to watch a show.
Tips for keeping your Vizio TV clean
- Do not spray any cleaning solution directly on your Vizio TV Screen. By getting on the cabinet and into the workings, many sprays can damage the set.
- Avoid products with ammonia, alcohol, or acetone, as they can harm your TV screen.
- To prevent dust, film, and fingerprints from accumulating and getting harder to remove, clean your TV at least once a week. Keep a microfiber cloth close by to grab dust and filth as you see them making the process even simpler.
- Use your vacuum’s gentle dusting brush with low suction to clean any vents, ports, and cable connections.
- If your product is still under warranty, keep in mind that anything you do that conflicts with the manufacturer’s instructions could cause your warranty to expire.
How to take care of your Vizio TV
Maintaining your TV will help you avoid spending money on new parts and repairs, and most importantly, it will increase the lifespan of your flat screen.
We often forget some simplest tasks, like turning off the TV before going to bed or watching TV with full brightness, etc.
So Below are some tips which you can apply to maintain your TV sets.
Turn off the TV before going to bed.
Television has a lifespan of roughly 65 000 hours. But if you use your TV in the background while doing anything else, or if you fall asleep while watching something, this eventually becomes a habit.
As a result, its life expectancy will shorten. It can also require maintenance after around two years.
Simply avoid it by developing the practice of turning off your TV when it is not actually necessary.
Your TV’s lifespan may be shortened if the brightness settings are always at their highest position.
If you want your flat screen to last a long time, It is advisable to keep the brightness at a suitable level because too much brightness can strain the eyes also.
Keep sharp things out of reach.
Since LCD panels are much thinner, sharp items can sometimes permanently harm your screen as well as simply destroy it. Keep such items as far away from you as you can.
Clean your TV
It is advised that you should get high-quality cleaning products for your TVs. You should clean your TV at least three times a week.
On occasion, dust can build up on the screen and reduce visibility. Never rinse the screen with water. Cleansers that remove static electricity are necessary and secure.
You should avoid watching television for long periods of time since the images that are left on for longer than the others will develop burn-ins.
TVs also need to breathe.
A suitable space for ventilation is needed for your flat-screen LCD television. It typically produces a lot of heat as a result of the amount of electricity used.
It is also ideal to operate your TV in a dry, open area so that it will naturally cool when you turn it off.
Additionally, the internal circuit would not heat up as much even when it is in use, extending its longevity.
Moreover, extreme voltage spikes must be avoided. These seriously harm your technological devices.
Even when there is a constant power source or when there is lightning and thunder, voltage variations can still occur.
A voltage regulator will take care of your television and other electronic devices like your air conditioner, refrigerator, washing machine, and microwave.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can you use vinegar to clean the Vizio TV screen?
Use a microfiber cloth, glass cleaner, vinegar, and water solution to clean your Vizio television. If you use harsh chemicals or abrasives, you risk damaging the Widescreen.
How to clean a TV screen without removing it?
Using a microfiber cloth, dust the screen. Microfiber towels will not scratch your TV’s surface. Grab a microfiber cloth and gently wipe the screen up and down to remove dust.
Shake the cloth between wipes to remove dust and grime. If you don’t have a microfiber cloth, a 100% cotton T-shirt will suffice.
How often should I Clean my Vizio TV screen?
Your Vizio widescreen television, like other brands, doesn’t require much cleaning unless you contact it with dirty hands or unintentionally spill a drink or other object on it. Simply dust and clean the screen once a week, and wipe away any fingerprints or spills as needed.
How do you clean a dirty TV screen?
You have a few alternatives if spots and smudges persist. Dampen the microfiber cloth with distilled water or a water-and-a-small-amount-of-dish-soap solution.
You can also dampen a cloth with a TV screen cleaner specifically for use on LCD TVs. Wipe away any smudges with a clean microfiber cloth and dry the area.
Why does my Vizio TV have a scratch on it?
Using improper solutions to remove dust, fingerprints, and smudges of unknown origin will harm your Vizio widescreen TV and spoil the picture permanently.
For a dusty TV, a gentle cloth may suffice; more tenacious smudges can be removed with TV screen cleaning.
Cleaning your Vizio TV Widescreen is important to maintaining it in good working order. It should be done regularly to avoid scratches and other issues.
I hope this article has helped you know how to clean a Vizio TV screen properly. If you follow the procedure mentioned above, I’m sure you will successfully clean your Vizio TV perfectly.
Leave a Reply